Thoughts.


"She is very clever, too clever for a woman. She lacks the indefinable charm of weakness." -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray.


"We never keep to the present. We recall the past; we anticipate the future as if we found it too slow in coming and were trying to hurry it up, or we recall the past as if to stay its too rapid flight. We are so unwise that we wander about in times that do not belong to us, and do not think of the only one that does; so vain that we dream of times that are not and blindly flee the only one that is. The fact is that the present usually hurts. We thrust it out of sight because it distresses us, and if we find it enjoyable, we are sorry to see it slip away." -Blaise Pascal, Pensées.


"You want to live -but do you know how to live? You are scared of dying -and, tell me, is the kind of life you lead really any different from being dead?" -Seneca, Letters from a Stoic.

What have I been up to? I had my graduation; I then had to reluctantly give up my independence by moving out of my university halls to come back home. I've also been doing odd jobs for family friends; enjoying the unusual British weather and reading -hence the above quotes. I also felt like taking a break from blogging since it had become tedious and fashion itself had become the least important interest in my life.

No comments: